The Systems Administrator is an advanced technical position, which is responsible for implementation, configuration, upgrade, monitoring, troubleshooting, and administration of the City of Boca Raton mission critical server technology software and hardware infrastructure. Work is performed and assigned under minimum supervision from the Assistant Director IT, Network Services.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean DLC and a min of 5 Years driving experience.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
The background check process for this position may include:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Reference Checks
- Workers’ Compensation
- Educational Verification
- Certification/License Verification
- Designs, installs, administers and troubleshoots Microsoft Server operating systems.
- Designs, installs, administers and troubleshoots VMware ESXi solutions.
- Designs, installs, administers and troubleshoots enterprise server and storage systems.
- Designs, installs, administers and troubleshoots Active Directory and the associated services and network resources.
- Designs, Installs, configures, and troubleshoots enterprise server applications.
- Manages the services, products, and infrastructure to include current and prior versions of active directory, storage area networks (SAN), VMware virtualizations, Microsoft Windows Server platforms, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Exchange, Dell ArchiveManager email archiving, patch management, backend-technology for Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and in-house developed applications, and cloud based solutions.
- Works with application administrators to install and maintain servers, workstations, and other network services hardware and software, assigning and restricting access as necessary to protect the integrity of the network functions.
- Collects, analyzes and manages performance and capacity for identifying trends to prevent system disruptions and downtime.
- Works closely with Enterprise Architects and System Architects, and business units to assist with the design of infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements. The incumbent will have both leadership and technical skills to effectively and efficiently communicate technical terms and direction in a way that is easily understood by IT staff and business customers
- Integrates monitoring and configuration services as appropriate, (SCCM, SCOM, etc.)
- Serves as escalation point for critical and complex issues from junior team members.
- Diagnoses and resolves advanced technical issues, conducts root-cause analysis, demonstrates consistent level of accuracy with problem resolution.
- Performs firmware and operating systems upgrades and patches.
- Participate in disaster recovery tests and planning.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, on-call support and occasional after-hours projects and upgrades.
JOB BASED COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of server operating systems, various software applications and advanced server hardware.
- Knowledge of principles and theories of network systems and management, Internet technologies and products.
- Skill in administering large server environments with complex interactions.
- Skill in researching, compiling, and summarizing technical data and information.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly, and interact with all levels of employees and officials, accurately and concisely through oral and in written presentations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/ with a minimum of (5) years of related experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in a large server environment to include installation, maintenance and configuration of servers and related equipment.
Our HR department will reach you if your CV fit the skills we are looking.
If you are having any issue with the form, Please send your CV at [email protected]